Operation Clean Studio *Before* Tour | The Craft Room of Shame

Operation Clean Studio *Before* Tour:

The Craft Room of Shame

 

It can no longer be avoided.

It’s time. Sigh. Time to clean up my studio room. Ugh. Right now it is the Craft Room of Shaaaame.

It's so bad that I have just enough room to walk in a little ways, turn in a small circle, and walk back out of the room. Because it's just over the top messy and a little bit overwhelming to contemplate. 


Video: Operation Clean Studio *Before* Tour | The Craft Room of Shame



Now it's out there for the world to see.


I’m showing you this because well firstly we’re basically best friends at this point so I have nothing to hide. Heh.

But mostly this is my plan to shame myself into getting this room sorted out. 

Once I post this and like 100 ppl see it (ie the entire world), I will be embarrassed and publicly humiliated until I post the updates showing how great and organized it looks.


I hate cleaning BUT...

I am excited to know exactly what art & craft supplies I have and to be able to find them. But the big thing is… I will for sure come up with a bunch of new project ideas!


Do you remember cleaning your room as a kid and getting lost in a book or playing with an old toy you forgot about? Get ready for every day to be like that but on crack (ok weed).

In my little studio room, I have supplies from old classes I taught, projects I bought stuff for but never finished, tons of dyed material and clothing from my craft biz days. 

This could get really fun actually, as we see just what treasures and trinkets I have stashed away here. I do have things organized by medium mostly, so that’s how I’ll probably make these videos. One area at a time, so we can really see what’s there. 

Storage is an Issue 

Yeah, our little house doesn't have much storage. So I have to keep some non craft boxes here for now, hopefully that changes at some point. 

I do have 2 nicer quality cabinets to bring in, replacing these old crappy ones I've had forever. I might paint them, not sure yet. But those will be nice. 


A Showcase for My Artwork

I also want to put up a big art wall, as a background for making talking videos for my youtube channel. Mostly textile projects I've done, possibly a few I have in progress. So that will be nice and cute I think. 

So yeah... more to come as I work through my craft room sorting. As I mentioned, I'll be posting a section at a time. Probably starting with the big shelves full of fabric, yarn, class supplies, and misc crap from my little shop I had for a while. 

And I'll see you in the next one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3