Coming Soon: Crochet Garden Art Tutorials - Creative Outdoor Fiber Projects!

Coming Soon: Crochet *Garden Art* Tutorials

Creative Outdoor Fiber Craft Projects!

 

 

Crochet Garden Art Tutorials
Crochet Garden Art Tutorials Coming Soon!


Who the Heck Crochets for the Garden??

When we finally moved to our dream yard, we started gardening for the first time in our lives. And we fell in love.
And, self respecting craft nerd that I am, I had to ask myself…
 
What the heck can I crochet for the garden?? Does anyone even do that??

 



Of course I thought of Yarn Bombing, which a did a little bit with some scrap squares on a hammock post. I will probably do more of that.


 
And I covered some plastic flower pots with crochet. I like the patterns I was coming up with, so I’d definitely like to finish that project.

 
And then finally, I came up with my favorite piece of garden art so far… I call them…

Granny Wheels!

 
(Please don’t call them mandalas okay? I just. I’ll get into it another time, but fucking no. A doily in a hoop does not a mandala make. Stop.)
 

I just love them! Such a sweet combination of like, an old wagon wheel and a piece of lace. SO pretty and perfect in my garden I almost can’t stand it.
 
I use a weatherproof nylon rope for the crochet, and attach it to a metal barrel ring. The whole thing is about 2 ft. across, so they are pretty hefty.
 
I’ve made a few now, but I still have materials to make more. I need more all over the place!! Ha ha.
 
So I will be making a tutorial for these for sure.
 
Super fun. I’ll see you there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3