Salsa Time! Growing in Our Salsa House and Canning



 

Right now it is early spring, but come summer I am ALL about the Salsa. We now have 2 Salsa Houses, solely for growing our tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers of all sorts. 

  

I made a short video of the Houses and canning some salsa:  Salsa Time!  

 

 


We always said that when we found our dream place, we wanted to learn to grow and preserve food. And that's what we did. Neither of us had gardened at all before we moved here. We started small, and learned along the way. Lots of youtube and google. I'd say 90% of our efforts survived even though we know nothing. Ha! I mean, if we can do it anyone can! 

 


Bride of Salsa House



Last year's Veggie Zone expansion (we tripled our beds!) meant much more salsa canning, and also some tomato sauce and juice making. Stu (aka Hubs) even got into making his own fermented hot sauces. Pretty exciting! And the bloody mary's were divine.

 

Here's a quick video tour of our triple sized veg garden:  Mid Summer *Veggie Zone* Tour

 

Now known as Pepper House.

 

 Considering last year was our 4th season ever, we are really coming along. When the season is in swing, I will surely have the urge to post some newbie garden tips or something. I just never could have envisioned how much gardening has enhanced our lives. Like, I actually have feelings for plants. haha. Yes. 

 

Beautiful Anaheim peppers.

 

We spend a lot of time nurturing these little children, caring for them daily for months. It hurts when something eats them or infects them... and I feel actual pride when they grow up to be yummy food. Not pride for my accomplishments, but pride in their achievement. Sounds weird I know! But true. 

Anyway... more about that soon, when we're back into the Veggie Zone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3