Easy Crochet Slippers Pattern

OK, as promised... more free crochet patterns. I wish I had better photos for you, but I used to sell these printed out, so the photos are small. Unfortunately I don't have the original pics or samples. I made these years ago. As always, feel free to contact me for help if you get stuck. Enjoy.


Bohemian Mermaid Crochet Pattern
 Warm &Comfy Slippers
 
 


Description: Simple and warm house slippers with optional non-slip soles, size adult large.
Materials: 4oz worsted yarn, K hook, rubber shelf liner (optional). 




Pattern:  
Instructions are for adult size. Work 2 strands worsted tog (1 or 2 colors as you wish) throughout. Make 2:

Rnd1: (Toe) Ch 3 (counts as 1st hdc here and throughout). Working into 1st ch made, 8 hdc. Sl st into 3rd ch of ch3 (9 sts total).
Rnd 2: Ch 3. Hdc into same st. Work 2 hdc into each st around. Sl st into 3rd ch of ch3 (18 sts total).
Rnd 3: Ch 3. Hdc into same st, hdc into next st. *Work 2 hdc into next st, hdc into next st. Repeat from * around. Sl st into 3rd ch of ch3 (27 sts total).
Rnd 4-9 (6 rnds): *Ch 3. Hdc into next st and into each st around.
Sl st into 3rd ch of ch3 (27 sts total). Repeat from * for each rnd.
Row 10-18 (9 rows): (Start mouth) Ch 3. Hdc into next st and into each st across. Ch 3, turn. Repeat from * for each row, ending with ch1. Do not finish off.


 
Finishing:

Mouth edge: Working along edges of rows just worked, work 26 sc, ending in opposite corner of work. Do not finish off.


Heal seam: Continue working sc down folded heal edge, matching sts and working through both layers, until 2 sts remain to be worked. Proceed as follows: Insert hook into next st (both layers) and draw a loop. Repeat (3 lps on hook). Yo and pull through all 3 lps on hook. Finish off. 


Non-slip Sole (optional): Make a paper pattern by tracing foot and evening out into a long light bulb shape. Cut ¼" inside lines drawn. Fold lengthwise to check symmetry, trim as necessary. It should measure approx 10" long, 4" at its widest, 3" at its narrowest. Pin pattern to rubber shelf lining (with stripes going vertically) and cut 2. Pin to slipper with wide end at toe and narrow end at heal. Hand stitch using whipstitch and doubled thread. 
 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this pattern. I'm trying it out for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I'm having trouble with rows 10-18. It says to repeat from * but there is no *. Help please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Cindy, I just made these for Christmas and noticed a few changes I need to make. There should be a * at the beginning of the line, before "ch3". So you are just working straight across the row and turning.

    Feel free to ask any other questions you come across! I'll be updating all the free pattern soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I was confuzzled.
    LOL! This happens a lot so I appreciate you straightening me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again! If you are interested, I have posted the set of slipper socks I made for my son basing them on your pattern. My blog is here:
    http://cindyjoscreations.blogspot.com/ if you want to look. Thanks again for this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed. Just simply amazing .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3