Where the F&*K are the Snarky Craft Youtube Channels??

 I'm kind of freaking out right now. How can this be? I'm just idk... stunned.

Last year I started a youtube channel for my weird or uh creative craft tutorials. When I started I knew I wanted to put myself and my personality into it as much as possible. The phrase I think of is "lean in". That's where i am in my life right now... I'm leaning in to who I am. ok midlife stuff whatever.

So when feel like it, I curse. I've made a few sly dick jokes. I've taken the lord's name in vein. I talk a little shit. I make stuff that nobody else is making. Idgaf. I do what I want.

But before I started making videos, I honestly did not watch craft channels at all. I just do my thing on my own. Now, of course, I started following channels mostly to see what other folks are doing out there. And I have a few good ones, there are tons of good ones. But a few I resonate with a bit more. 

But none of them are uh... weird enough. There are def some with personality sure... but I honestly thought I'd find more snarky sweary stuff. I mean, I haven't found ANY channels like that. I have found a few individual projects on otherwise non snarky channels. Like a fuck dishcloth okay, and a stuffed dick toy. Yeah. Nothing super exciting, and their approach wasn't really snarky at all. 

Now the reason I'm surprised by the lack of weird craft channels... is I guess because of the craft groups on facebook. That's my experience of snarky crafting, tons of huge fb groups sharing original patterns etc... and etsy is full of these projects and patterns. Things with swearing, snarky sentiments, funny, sexual, subversive, progressive, etc. I'm finding like NONE of this on youtube. I don't' get it. 

Today I thought, well okay. Maybe I just need to search the right medium... snarky embroidery is very popular. uhhhhh. NOTHING. I can't fucking believe it. That's when I started freaking out a tiny bit inside... like what. is. happening. first of all. How can this be true??

I know it's harder to get monitized with swearing, but it's not against the terms of service at all. Unless you just say fuck for 10min or something... but if the context makes sense it's fine. That's what they say. Now I found a couple channels with fword projects that had only a few videos and stopped. idk it's a mystery.

Could it be that making videos is just harder than making patterns? that's def true. Maybe that's why folks gave up quickly? possibly.

The other thing that comes to mind, is if this is actually true... I'm going to be famous. And it makes me want to lean in even more to my snarky side. Like seriously. haha. this could be a blast.

Still, I kind of think I must be missing something. I just can't believe there are zero sassy sweary craft channels. 

I personally don't give a shit if I get monitized. I mean... ok I do i little. But I'm not going to be a slave to that. I have plenty of other ways to make money if I want to do that. It's honestly not a priority. 

Building my clubhouse of weird crafty bitches is my priority. And this might make it easier than I thought at first. Which makes me indescribably excited.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3