The Ring and Theme


When we got engaged, I pretty much demanded a ring. Ha. Our engagement was completely unceremonious... over drinks in the kitchen one night, I suggested we throw onto the table  our pros and cons about getting married. We'd been not talking about it for about a year and I could stand it no longer. We discussed it while Stu cooked dinner, and agreed the pros outweighed the cons. I suggested a year from then would be a good time, he agreed. I said,"And I want a ring. Nothing outrageous, just something I can flash around for the next year and say I'm getting married." He said that was reasonable... especially since we'd been together for 7 years and I'd been hinting (not at all tactfully) for some kind of ring or Something for the past couple. 


We both know I'm not a gold and diamond kind of girl. I don't need to own shiny things as a general rule... but a sweet sparkly thing from a cute boy is nice to have. So I designed this ring and had it made. I love it. It's the engagement ring of my dreams, white gold with a sapphire. Perfectly me. 


I love it so much, I decided to make it the focal point of my whole wedding. I made a sort of logo based on this design, to use on the invitations and to print on the clothing. All the clothing, jewelry and decor was based on the ocean theme. I chose brown, tan and sky blue as my colors.



We also added the meaning of the wave symbol into our wedding ceremony. I thought it was very pretty...

"Bekki & Stu have chosen as their wedding symbol and theme, the ocean wave. Like relationships and life itself, nature ebbs and flows. Let this symbol be a reminder to them of the power of nature's cycles, and that all things in life have highs and lows. When times are hard, be ready to accept the next good thing... when times are bountiful, prepare for the next difficulty. Together you can ride these waves with ease."



Comments

  1. Congrats on your wedding by the way! I got to enjoy some pix via Facebook tags, and they were truely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully elegant ring for a wonderfully elegant affair. I love that your focus was on each other and on the celebration. Everything was beautiful. Most of all, the bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was much more wedding-pretty than I could have anticipated... thanks to the efforts of our friends. We are still smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the background on your perfect wedding day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3