Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mermaid Tour Update

Wooohoo! It's officially a GO! 


Back in Feb I had a brainstorm to do an extended craft show trip this summer. I have talked about doing this for years. Although, my fantasy is more like a year long trip... but this is a good start! Somehow I managed to find 4 shows in a row, both by time and geography, that are juried and look quite good. AND happen to lead up to the big craft show in Bismarck, ND where I have family. Then I waited to see if I would be accepted to at least 3 out of the 5 to make the trip for sure. I mean, the gas alone will cost about $1000. If I'm going to do it, I need it to be worthwhile money-wise. ND is far away!

As of yesterday, I have been confirmed in 4 of the 5 shows. I've yet to hear from the last one, but my fingers are crossed! 


Now that I'm talking about it as a reality (rather than a possibility), I'm getting more and more excited. You can see the individual show details on my Facebook page over there>>>  I'll see if I can embed the map again... basically, I am in Eureka, CA. I will head up to Eugene for the 4th of July, then one more OR show, 2 in WA and that leaves me 2 wks to get over to ND and visit my peeps before the Bismarck show. That's 5 shows in 6 weeks and 2000 miles one way.

Here's the map, if you go to the link below it, you will see the shows and dates.





View Mermaid Tour 2010 in a larger map


What happens next is still up in the air. I may head over to Washington DC for a visit with my bff and wedding dress maker for a final fitting and last single hoorah. I would fly, then drive home afterward. Or, there is a good possibility that I can coerce my boyfriend into going with me on his new motorcycle... just so happens that Sturgis is only 5 hrs from Bismarck and the timing is right.


Actually, convincing Stu to go with me is getting easier. That would be great! The man needs a vacation... and he's been itching to travel more and more. Could be a very memorable pre-wedding time for us.


Anyway, now I'm looking at campgrounds and battery powered fans and how to fit 5 shows worth of clothes into my little cargo van. heehee. I smell an adventure...

4 comments:

Vaughnde said...

When are the shows in Oregon? I live in Roseburg and if you need help, let me know!

*TheMermaid* said...

I'll be in Eugene 4th of July wkend, and McMinnville the following wkend. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood!

Vaughnde said...

I'll see what I can do. What is the festival in Eugene?? Where will it be etc? Because I don't know what goes on in Eugene so am pretty much out of the loop.

DaCraftyLady said...

good luck can't wait to hear how it is...