Settling In


Yes, the new studio room at the house is getting broken in, finally. You know... it takes me a while to settle into a studio space. Moving the stuff in is easy. Making it a comfy place to create takes some time.

For some reason, until I get my mojo going in a place... I just want to leave. I stay long enough to get stuff done, but then I'm eager to go. I can't explain it. So, I have to make an effort to just spend time there... reading art books, writin
g, sketching... quiet time stuff that gets my creative juices flowing.


To that end, last weekend I spent lots of time in there... added some shelves, emptied some boxes, set up more lighting, put some of my favorite art on the walls (some of mine, some I have acquired from friends).

And I made a wonderful discovery. While the super bowl raged just a few feet away... my little studio was a calm oasis. Quiet except for my npr favorites on the radio and the occasional passing car. Lovely. The photos really can't capture the calm I feel in there now. It's great.

Comments

  1. What the hell are you talking about?

    I don't see any piles of stuff on the floor. You CAN'T be settled in yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I strategically took the photos that way... so i appear to be settled in to the casual observer.

    Of course there are still boxes stuffed under the tables and piles on most of the tabletops.

    However, unlike my bedroom (uhem) I like to keep my studio fairly in order... otherwise I'd never get any work done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3