Festivals in Full Swing Baby!


Yep another hopping spring turning into a busy summer... along with my new day job (sigh) I'm super busy right now. Loving it.

Of course, the big one coming up is the awesome Mateel Arts & Music Festival next weekend June 6-7 in Benbow. Our biggest and most fun local event, I would say. Tons of music and performances on 4 stages, over 100 high quality craft booths, a big kid's area and a beautiful location. Just lots of smiling folks and a super fun time. I'm SO happy to return this year, after my little hospital vacation last year. Yes... this is a much better year by far.


I've been a little behind on my postings here... um let's see... I'll briefly recap my festivals so far.

After the local Spring Fever Festival, which was fun as usual... I headed up to Gold Beach, OR for the Art & Wine Festival. A lovely little show near the beach with wine tasting and nice quality crafts. Not a huge money maker for the crafts vendors I think... but the beach camping, gorgeous area and friendly folks (and wine!) make it worth while for me. I have a great time there. This time around I was happy to meet two lovely ladies from the Moose Cr
eek Bath & Body who are now carrying a nice selection of my hand dyed clothing (Hi to Alice & Haley!!). If you find yourself in the area, you need to check out the Gold Rush Historical Cultural Arts & Health Center where they are located (right on 101). It's a beautifully made-over school building, really gorgeous and worth stopping for.


Last weekend Stu and Panda and I headed for Lakeport for their Memorial Day Crafts Fair held right on Clear Lake. Again, the location is 50% of the draw for me (this was the view from our camp site). Just a nice mellow weekend on the lake, perfect weather and margaritas at sunset. Lovely. This year we were joined by my dear friend Caroline and it was great to catch up with her.

Ok enough chitchat... I have some serious work to do. Oh did I mention my new hemp and bamboo wraps?? SO super excited to get these out! Visit me at Benbow for more new goodies, like wonderful rayon gauze flowy jackets... wooo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3