Not really a secret...

At work, we sell this movie called The Secret. I haven't watched it... but I watched most of Oprah's show about it. Man, she can make even the most deep and wonderful things so very cheesy and lame. I didn't realize that The Secret isn't just a movie, it's a book and a lecture series. A little weird, as far as 'spiritual' type teachings go I think... the method, not the message that is. Anyway, the secret isn't so secret really. Stuff I've lived by for years.

Ask for what you want. Visualize your life as you want it. You create your own reality. That sort of stuff. The idea being, you reap what you sow... or putting out thoughts and energy will create that path for you. I know all that, but I think (aside from the television-cheesiness) it's neat to see it put out mainstream style. I guess. I mean, if that's what it takes for folks to accept some of this info. Things enlightened hippy-types have been spouting forever. Somehow on Oprah it's shiny and acceptable help, late breaking insight. (next week, our annual show about shoes at the oscars!) Whatever.

So I'm visualizing what my ideal Mermaid life would look and feel like. Hm...

I'd sleep in every day, then sit in my pj's on the compy for a few hours drinking coffee. My email would be full of orders from my online store, of course. Every day. I wouldn't work a day job... so I might need to become a better housekeeper, I don't know. I'd do more craft fairs, fancier ones, and almost sell out of things every time. The word 'clamoring' comes to mind. Shops all over the place would be contacting me to carry my clothing. On my terms, because it's so damned popular. I'd have my own giant van and maybe could afford to stay in motels on the road. Aaaaah. Ok, I can picture this. No problem.

Hey! Then they could do a show about ME on Oprah... lol. Nah, nevermind. Gotta go to work now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Can Hat - Part 1

Beer Can Hat - Part 2

Beer Can Hat – Part 3